Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To a Gentleman Cowboy

Gentleman Cowboy:

You took over the sunny room-
sensational darkness in my ears
the art on your walls
Painting made left un-hung

I understand why you're going West
solace
sunset
manifest
It was always about you.

the routine.
the grind.
the grit.
the bind.

only the mundane
the misery.
I saw you sinking
without your horse.

You grasped the reigns
both hands tightly
!You looked so alive!
dropping
previous engagements.

I saw you ride-
the uncomfortable, brutal, beautiful, honest films
the breaking bed
the falling stacks
your cool reserve

the growing distance
the awkward glances
our naked mouths dry of stale conversations

Then I knew
it would end.
But you did not see
over the high cups of caffeinated historical jargon
my sadness.
You could not speak
after thoughtful articulated letters
to your feelings.

I held my face like a poker card
so you can become a silhouette,

but

will you close
what you opened with music?

Or did you just want to dive in and out of me
to leave me in the solitude of your silence?

No comments:

Post a Comment